Juan José Moreno Díaz
I obtained my PhD in the group of Prof. Ernesto Carmona at the University of Seville, studying unusual organometallic reactivity by means of a combined experimental and computational approach. Then I joined the group of Prof. Charles Machan at the University of Virginia as a Research Associate, where I worked for two years on the development of earth-abundant CO2 reduction electrocatalysts. In 2021, I joined the Campos group as Personal Investigador Doctor (Junta de Andalucía). In 2022 I moved to the Mazzanti group at the EPFL (Switzerland) as a Marie Curie fellow, coming back tu the University of Sevilla in 2024.
Antonio Iglesias Nicasio
I studied chemistry at the University of Seville. Then I moved to Zaragoza and joined the group of Miguel A. Esteruelas to obtain my PhD, studying iridium and rhodium catalysts for the dehydrogenation of liquid organic hydrogen carriers. After that, I returned to Seville in 2022 to join Dr. Jesús Campos group as a postdoc researcher.
Miguel Ángel Gaona Fernández
I obtained my PhD in the group of Prof. Antonio Otero at the University of Castilla-La Mancha, working with Aluminium and zinc organometallic compounds to synthesize cyclic carbonates and polyethers. In 2021, I worked in Eurotex and later in Eurofins Villapharma. In 2022, I joined the group of Prof. Miguel Ángel Esteruelas at the University of Zaragoza to work with LED compounds. Finally, in 2023 I joined Campos group as a Postdoc Researcher with a Margarita Salas scholarship. Namarië!
Félix León García
I started my scientific journey in the sunny city of Seville, where I pursued my PhD at the Institute of Chemical Research (University of Seville – CSIC) under the guidance of Dr. Antonio Pizzano. There I explored the world of asymmetric hydrogenation of unsaturated compounds.
I then jumped over to Singapore where I worked in two projects, the first one, supervised by Prof. Felipe Garcia, explored the mysteries of main group chemistry and novel supramolecular P-N based moieties. The second project, under the supervision of Prof. Soo Han Sen, involved creating photoactive Cu complexes for emissive and photocatalytic applications.
I then set sail to join the ranks of Dr. Didier Bourissou’s group in France. Here, I dove into the fundamental studies concerning (photo)redox Au complexes.
Next on my scientific world tour was the University of Zaragoza, where I teamed up with Dr. Miguel Angel Esteruelas to uncover the secrets of reactivity hidden within furane-like cyclometalated Ir complexes.
But no journey is truly complete without returning to one’s roots. I found my way back to the picturesque Seville, the birthplace of Cruzcampo beer, and coincidentally, my own. I joined forces with the Campos group with a Marie Curie fellowship. Together, we ventured into the exciting realm of exploring the photo redox properties of novel main group and transition metal Frustrated Lewis Pairs.
Emmanuel Serrano Díez
Marta Fernández Buenestado
Enrique Soto Santiago
I studied my B.Sc. and M.Sc. at the Humboldt University of Berlin. After completing my Master’s thesis in the group of Prof. Christian Limberg on nickel siloxide complexes as molecular models for solid catalysts, I joined the Campos group in August 2021 to study the cooperative reactivity of transition metal/main group element systems.
Alejandra Pita Milleiro
I graduated from Chemistry and Materials Engineering at the University of Seville in 2020. I got a master in Teacher Training from the Valencian International University and now I’m taking my first steps in the research field.
- Miquel Navarro – Postdoc 2020 – 2023, currently LaCaixa Junior Leader Fellow at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- Macarena González Alférez – PhD student 2019-2023, currently a postdoc in the group of T. Brent Gunnoe at the University of Virginia.
- Jefferson Guzmán – Postdoc 2022 – currently a MSCA postdoctoral fellow in the group of Prof. R. J. Gilliard at MIT.
- Cyril Theulier – Postdoc 2021 – 2022, currently a postdoc in the group of Thiebault Cantat at CEA Saclay.
- Felipe de la Cruz Martínez – Postdoc 2021 – 2022, currently Assistant Professor of Inorganic Chemistry at the University of Castilla – La Mancha.
- Juan Miranda Pizarro – PhD student 2017-2022, postdoc in the group of Petra Vasko at the University of Helsinki, currently a postdoc at the Moilanen group at the University of Jyväskylä.
- Marina Pérez Jiménez – PhD student 2017-2021, currently a postdoc in the group of Mark Crimmin at Imperial College London.
- Nereida Hidalgo Reinoso – PhD student 2017-2021, postdoc in the group of Didier Bourissou at Toulouse, currently a postdoc with Patrick Holland at Yale University.
- Rosemarie Somerville – Postdoc 2020-2021, currently a postdoc in the group of Paul Dyson at EPFL Lausanne.